How to make your budget and your stock footage content need to be met? That's one of the main concerns of most stock footage buyers.
There are a lot of agencies where you can buy great stock footage cheap, but buying à la carte or on-demand can exceed your budget when you need lots of stock videos, when you use stock footage constantly, or both. There are also resources to get great stock footage for free, like Pexels and the like, but these are usually limited services and don't work when you need variety and quantity of clips, not to mention free stock videos are often subpar in terms of quality. We have just released a full guide on how to buy a stock video.
What's the solution to getting lots of stock videos, constantly and cheap? 3 words: Stock Video Subscriptions aka a flat rate of stock video clips.
And here you'll find the top 7 subscription offers (from the best stock video sites) to make the best out of your budget and get all the content you need for your commercial projects. We have got 7 more best Unlimited Stock Footage Offers here.
What is a Stock Video Subscription
This concept refers to a buying model in which you get a fixed number of video footage downloads in return for a periodic, flat fee.
Normally arranged monthly and annually, stock video subscriptions let you download a certain number of clips per month or per year, and the final price is always much lower compared to what you'd pay for each clip individually.
It's a great workflow solution when you need a lot of clips, and need them periodically. It's also a good offer for anyone wanting to get stock videos cheap, but given it involves a longer-term commitment with an agency, it's not the best choice if you only need stock footage sporadically.
Stock video libraries often have not only footage but also motion backgrounds, motion graphics, visual effects, and everything else you need to make your videos unique.
Another important consideration is that if you, as creatives often do, need to download stock media in multiple formats for your projects –meaning, you use stock photos and vectors, sound effects, and music, in addition to stock videos–, many of our listed agencies are also amongst the best stock photo sites and offer all the content you need in one place, albeit usually they're sold separately.
The Top 7 Best Stock Video Subscriptions
There are several stock video sites and companies selling 4k stock footage under the subscription model, but here we list the best offers in terms of content and price. Some of them are so good they're listed in our guide to the Best Stock Footage Sites in the market! Keep in mind, that all these offers have different limits and price points, but if you want an unrestricted number of downloads, you can check our list of the best-unlimited stock footage offers.
If you want to know how to edit these clips into your work seamlessly, check out our guide to video editing! Wondering what tool to use? Check this list of free video editors! Do you love Premiere Pro but want to know what more is out there? Here's our compilation of the best alternatives to Adobe!
Shutterstock Video Subscriptions
The stock media titan Shutterstock has a very rich stock footage catalog that is arguably the largest on the web. Most of this content is available in HD and 4K resolution, and it Royalty-Free is perfectly suitable for all kinds of professional, commercial-oriented productions. The company recently included stock video subscriptions into their offer, making them way more affordable and convenient – not that they weren't already a great choice. For more info, check out our full Shutterstock Video review.
This is what Shutterstock has to offer:
- Over 19 Million stock videos and adding hundreds of thousands of files every month
- Most clips available in SD, HD, and 4K
- Subscriptions: Small Footage Subscription for 5 videos monthly, regular plans with 10 videos a month and 20 videos a month
- Plans can be hired month-to-month, annually but billed monthly, or annually and paid upfront – the latter offers the best per-clip rates
- AI-powered search tool for a video that uses pixels and image recognition software to find similar content
Shutterstock's subscriptions are a novelty –launched in April 2020– and a great option for creatives needing freshly new videos constantly. The most recently added Small Footage Subscription is ideal for low budgets. The Shutterstock video library is incredibly varied so you'll have access to virtually any content you can imagine, and you can download videos for a small fraction of the price you'd pay if buying per piece or with a prepaid pack.
The plans available are:
|Small Footage Subscription: 5 Clips a Month||10 Clips a Month||20 Clips a Month|
|Month-to-Month $189||Month-to-Month $359||Month-to-Month $669|
|Annual billed Monthly $99||Annual billed Monthly $159||Annual billed Monthly $199|
|Annual billed Upfront $1,599||Annual billed Upfront $1,999|
Shutterstock has so many positives one does not know where to begin. This is a well-cemented, solid, and trustworthy company, one of the leading names in stock media. They're well known for their huge pool of content with extensive variety, super sharp quality, and strong commercial orientation. Buying stock footage at Shutterstock is a great way to ensure the quality and effectiveness of your productions!
We have a complete Shutterstock Video License guide that helps you know everything you can (and can't) do with Shutterstock videos, it's also a great resource to understand royalty-free stock footage licensing at large!
Sign up for free at Shutterstock now to explore their stock footage. And hear this: now you can buy a Shutterstock Video subscription with a 15% discount, thanks to our exclusive Shutterstock Video Coupon Code!
Videvo Plus and Pro (Very cheap)
Videvo.net launched in 2012 with the goal of becoming the ultimate source for free stock footage and motion graphics. Over the years, their library has grown to include premium video and audio, which is accessible via their two Premium Plans. While their free content has varying licenses, their Premium Plans guarantee Royalty-Free licensing. In total, their library includes 15,000 free video clips and Motion Graphics, 85,000 Premium Clips, and 100,000 Audio Assets. All premium clips are provided in HD resolution and above. More info in our Videvo review.
Their Premium Plans, Videvo Plus, and Videvo Pro are offered as both monthly and yearly subscription plans. While the monthly subscription plans offer a set number of premium clip downloads per month, the yearly subscription extends the number of monthly downloads to unlimited. And you can now get these plans at a discounted price thanks to our special videvo coupon code with 20% off in Plus and Pro plans! Here are more details on their offer:
- only $14.99 billed Monthly, or save 20% at $144 Annually [$115,20 with our Videvo Coupon Code!]
- 25 Premium Video Downloads per month (unlimited in Annual plans)
- Royalty-Free License
- Money-back guarantee
- only $24.99 billed Monthly, or save 20% at $240 Annually [$192 with our Videvo Coupon Code!]
- 50 Premium Video Downloads per month (unlimited in Annual plans)
- Premium Audio Downloads
- Royalty-Free License
- Money-back guarantee
Videvo.net subscriptions are good if you are on a limited budget and if they have the videos you need. Check their website first to see if they have the clips you need. Don't miss out on the unlimited download options in their annual plans (monthly plans are limited). While their collection is still small(ish) compared to other stock agencies, it's growing very fast and the quality is great at that price point.
Motion Array is a subscription-based platform for video creatives that thrives to offer every resource they need to bring your projects to life. This includes stock footage and motion graphics, stock audio, stock images, and also templates and presets for industry-standard apps like Adobe Premiere Pro or Apple's Final Cut Pro. The site includes workflow tools such as a portfolio builder and a video collaboration board. The stock video library, which splits into stock footage and motion graphics, has videos in up to 5K+ resolution, covering a wide span of topics, as well as types such as green screen, aerial, backgrounds, overlays, and more.
- 700K+ creative assets including stock footage, stock music, and more
- High-resolution content from 2K and up to 5K+ quality
- Unlimited downloads of all media types and full access to creative tools
- Subscription-only offer with individual and team plans available.
- Royalty-free license for commercial use – a small percentage of editorial-only files
- The individual plan has monthly and annual subscription options.
- Exclusive Motion Array Coupon: $50 off in your annual plan if you sign up today!
- A very good option for those who want all kinds of assets and resources in one place
For more info, check out our Motion Array review.
They also have a free account option, with access to a reduced free file collection and a one-month free trial for their premium features.
Here is the membership pricing:
- Individual: Monthly for $29.99/mo – Annual for $249.99/year ($20.83 per month) EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Annual plan at $199.99/year or $16.67 per month!
- Team: Annual for $224.99/year or $18.75 per month, per member. From 2 and up to 20 members.
Motion Array is a good match if you are looking for an all-in-one subscription that gives you access to multiple creative assets and bonus tools for a unique, fixed rate. Sounds great, doesn't it?
Artgrid is a new stock footage platform that specializes in super high-quality videos, produced by talented artists with top-notch gear. They have a varied, growing library with clips covering a plethora of popular and very sought-after topics, in quality up to 8K and RAW, under Royalty Free license on a subscription model. What's interesting in their offer is that in addition to the regular, individual clips arrangement most stock footage catalogs use, Artgrid includes “stories”: groups of video clips shot by the same filmmaker, put together in a storytelling concept. These stories are great to inspire your creativity and show you the footage's usage possibilities. Best of all is they work with subscriptions means unlimited downloads per month and 4k HD video clips. For more info, you can check out our Artgrid review. And here are some key details:
- Thousands of stock footage clips
- High-resolution 4k HD and up to 8K and RAW/LOG format available
- Unlimited Downloads
- Subscription-based service, with three pricing tiers according to video quality
- Usage Rights are RF
- 2-month free trial available
- One of the best subscription plan in the business
These are the plans:
- Junior: HD – $299 yearly ($25 per month)
- Creator: HD and 4K – $479 yearly ($40 per month
- Professional: HD, 4K and RAW/LOG files – $599 yearly ($50 per month)
Artgrid subscriptions are ideal if you need or simply love working with unrestricted access to resources. While their collection is still small compared to other stock agencies, it's very varied and the quality is great. Definitely worth exploring!
ProVideo Factory is a relatively new stock footage site, but it's already been picked by renowned brands like NBC and Samsung. The source clips are from talented filmmakers from all around the world, resulting in a collection with a lot of regional variety. All their content is royalty-free and they offer Premium content on-demand as well as subscriptions with unlimited downloads. All the details, are in our ProVideo Factory review. But the highlights are:
- Over 150,000 HD and 4k HD clips
- All wholly-owned, exclusive videos
- Unlimited Downloads
- Premium on-demand content up to 8K quality
- Subscription for high-quality footage up to 4K resolution
And this is their pricing:
- HD – $149 yearly – Bonus 10% off in Premium library
- 4K + HD – $299 yearly – Bonus 50% off in Premium library
ProVideo Factory service is a good fit if you are after regional variety and worldwide content. The unlimited subscriptions are a great deal to maximize costs, and the added discount for the on-demand collection lets you get ultra-high-definition clips at incredibly affordable rates. What's not to like in that?
Pond5 is a very popular, footage-first agency, operating for a decade. They have a huge contributor-sourced and contributor-priced library full of high-quality clips, and membership plans based on a curated stock footage collection. Learn more about this agency in our full Pond5 review.
Here's a little overview:
- Over 5.5 Million clips
- From Web and up to 4K+ resolution
- Collection of 200,000 selected clips for memberships
- Discounts in a la carte purchases
These are Pond5 membership plans:
Pro: 5 HD downloads a month.
- Monthly: $69 – $13.80 per clip
- Annual: $559 – $9.31 per clip
Premium: 10 HD and 4K downloads a month + selection of stock photos and audio files
- Monthly: $139 – $13.90 per clip
- Annual: $839 – $6,99 per clip!
Pond5 subscriptions let you save hundreds of dollars from single clip purchases. You can get HD and 4K videos for as little as $6.99 each when their a la carte price at Pond5 (and most other top agencies) is between $50 and $300 per video!
As a bonus, all subscriptions come with a 10% off for a la carte purchases of any of the items in the rest of their vast library.
Sign up at Pond5 to get your membership today. Browse and download from a high-quality curated collection of footage! And now, save 20% off your purchase, too!
Dreamstime is an established stock imagery agency with 16 years in business. Well-known for their wide price range and varied buying options, they have high-quality stock footage and multiple subscriptions plans to buy them. Find out more about their offer in our full Dreamstime review.
Here are the must-knows:
- Around 1 Million stock videos
- From Web and up to 4K quality
- Wide offer in stock footage subscriptions
- Plans based on video resolution and download limit
Here are their options:
|Amount of Video Downloads||Web Resolution||HD 720p||HD 1080p||4K|
|5 Downloads||$36 - $7.20 per clip||$121 - $24.20 per clip||$148 - $29.60 per clip||$297 - $59.40 per clip|
|10 Downloads||$65 - $6.50 per clip||$225 - $22.50 per clip||$280 - $28 per clip||$559 - $55.90 per clip|
|25 Downloads||$153 - $6.12 per clip||$444 - $17.76 per clip||$543 - $21.72 per clip||$1070 - $42.80 per clip|
Dreamstime subscription offer is wide and has varied price points, but is tailored by video resolution is not as flexible as the others. Keep in mind the highest resolution gives you greater versatility in edition and usage.
But the larger the plan is, the greater your savings are. The largest plan in ever resolution cuts over 50% from the smallest, 1 download option.
- 69 credits per 1080p HD video download
- $71.8 per 69 credits (based on $125 for 120 credits)
MotionElements is a well-established, Asia-based company specialized in all things stock video. Footage clips, motion elements, animations, special effects, After Effects and Premiere Pro templates, 3D… you name it, they have it. All content in their marketplace is Royalty-Free and ready to download and use, and they have a wide range of prices. And they very recently added subscription plans to let you save in bulk purchases. Here are the highlights of their offer:
- Over 2 million stock video and stock music files
- High-quality content up to 4K
- Buy on demand with credits, or a la carte paying as you go
- Subscriptions are priced according to the volume of downloads and media type
Here's what you can buy:
Plan for Video Clips + Apple Motion Files
- Starter: 3 monthly downloads for $75 monthly, and $49 a month annually
- Professional: 10 monthly downloads for $249 monthly, and $159 a month annually
Plan for Stock Music + After Effects Templates + Premiere Pro Templates
- Starter: 3 monthly downloads for $29 monthly, and $19 a month annually
- Professional: 10 monthly downloads for $89 monthly, and $59 a month annually
MotionElements subscriptions have very convenient prices, especially when hiring them annually, and reduce the costs from a la carte purchasing, letting you get videos for as little as $15,90 each. Their Professional plans also include multi-seat access, great for teams. And there's also a custom subscription option in the works, that will be soon available.
Sign up for free at MotionElements here, explore their curated selection, and get your subscription plan today!
Stock Footage Subscription FAQs
Here we answer the most common questions surrounding stock video subscriptions:
- How much does a stock footage subscription cost? – This varies from site to site and on the volume of downloads, but some of the cheapest plans start at just under $15 a month (that's less than what one video clip costs, buying a la carte!)
- How does licensing work, do I need to provide attribution? – Subscriptions are for royalty-free videos, which are cleared for commercial use and, unlike free clips, do not require attribution.
- How can I use the video from my subscription? – Being royalty-free, means the footage is suitable for all kinds of commercial-oriented projects and mediums: social media, web and streaming, even theatrical and tv work.
- Can I pay monthly? – Depends on the site and the plan you select. Most sites have month-to-month or monthly billed plans available, although you will always get a better deal with an annual subscription.
Stock Video Subscription: A Great Solution for Volume Buyers
Stock footage subscriptions let you get a larger number of stock video clips on a periodic basis, with considerable discounts over single clip prices.
This makes them the best deal for you if your projects require lots of stock footage clips constantly. Buying them on-demand or a la carte would mean you don't have to commit to constant payments with a particular agency, but it's also more expensive.
Stock video subscriptions assure you will have the clips that you need, and at the lowest possible price. Plus, at most agencies, you can cancel your subscription at any time, with little restrictions or charges.
So now you know: if you need to buy lots of stock footage regularly, stock video subscriptions are for you. And here you have the top 3 offers to maximize your budget without compromising content quality. All you can possibly wish for from a stock footage agency!