- $78 per 1080p HD video download
- Buy 5 HD Clips for $369 and save $5 per clip
Shutterstock is one of the most popular sites to buy stock videos. The company is at the top of the stock imagery industry, and they have been selling stock for over a decade.
Shutterstock Stock Footage offer includes millions of high quality, Royalty free video clips in varied themes and styles, that can be bought on demand, by clip or with discount video packs.
To browser Shutterstock's libraries you need a member account, but you can sign up for free. They only charge you when you buy assets.
If you're looking for discounts to buy Shutterstock stock videos, we have a great deal: our Shutterstock Coupon Code will save you 20% in your stock footage purchases.
Shutterstock Subscription Coupon Code
This coupon will save you 20% on any image subscription!
Shutterstock Footage Coupon Code
This coupon gives you 20% off in your stock footage purchase with video packs!
Want to know more about this company and their great stock video service? Let's have a look:
Essentials in Shutterstock Footage Offer
In short, it's all about this:
- Over 4.7 Million stock video clips, most of them high definition including HD and 4K
- Flexible licensing model: pay once, use forever
- Priced in USD, according to video resolution
- Single video clips a la carte
- Video packs on demand to save hundreds of dollars. Packs valid for one year, and renewable.
- All downloaded clips are available for re-download for up to one year after the pack expired
- Payment options: credit card, bank wire or checks.
- Collection organized by categories, featured artists, director's choice and more
- Highly searchable library, with intelligent search engine that analyses content to deliver the best and higher quality results.
- Company pushes newest and most popular clips.
The Details in Shutterstock Footage Offer
Shutterstock stock footage service offers different image resolutions and formats, and they are all priced accordingly. The pricing structure is very simple, and prices are affordable (very cheap compared to other agencies and licensing types). The clips are sold with a Royalty Free license, that allows multiple usages. Now, let's go by parts:
Image Resolution and Formats
The stock video clips in Shutterstock are available in Web, SD, HD and 4K resolution. And each resolution has a different price point, with Web being the cheapest, and 4K obviously the most expensive.
Clips can be in NTSC/ATSC or PAL/576i formats. Some contributors make their clips available in more than one format, but Shutterstock does not control this.
Both resolution and format are indicated on the particular video page.
Shutterstock Footage Prices
As you learned, Shutterstock footage clips can only be bought on demand. There are no subscription options that include video. On demand purchases for footage can be done by single clip (which is an option that is not available for still images).
Shutterstock Single clip pricing:
- Web: $19
- SD: $49
- HD: $79
- 4K: $199
Or they can be bought with Video Packs that cut a percentage from single clip price, discounting more the larger the pack is. They are paid upfront, and used whenever you want.
Video packs expire when all downloads have been used, or after a year from purchase date (whatever happens first). A great advantage in this buying option is that even when your pack expired, all the videos you had downloaded are available to re-download for up to one year as well.
The packs are priced according to resolution, and another great benefit is that each pack allows to download clips in the consigned and also in lower resolutions, at no extra cost. For example, if you buy an HD video pack, you can use it to download HD, SD and Web resolution videos.
Packs are also renewable. If you wish, you can set up your video packs to renew periodically. This way, every time your pack expires, whether because you used all the downloads or because the time was due, Shutterstock will automatically refill your downloads (and charge you, of course).
Plus, you are allowed to have as many video packs active in your account simultaneously, and you can choose which one to use when you select a video to download.
Shutterstock Video Packs Pricing
- Web: 5 for $79 (saving $16), 10 for $149 (saving $41) and 25 for $349 (saving $126)
- SD: 5 for $229 (saving $16), 10 for $439 (saving $51) and 25 for $999 (saving $226)
- HD: 5 for $369 (saving $26), 10 for $699 (saving $91) and 25 for $1699 (saving $276)
- 4K: 5 for $929 (saving $66), 10 for $1759(saving $231) and 25 for $4259 (saving $716)
How You Can use Shutterstock Footage with Royalty Free License
All Shutterstock stock videos are sold under a Royalty Free license. This means you only pay for the license once, and you get a variety of usage rights, forever. Please note that Shutterstock footage clips are paid, Royalty Free license means you don't have to pay for further royalties, but they are not free videos and cannot be used without a valid, paid license.
Each stock footage agency sets their own licensing terms. While Royalty Free license has some main features in common at all agencies, each of them has their own, particular license.
Shutterstock's Royalty Free Commercial license allows you to use stock video clips in film, video, tv, advertisement or other multimedia productions, distributed to the public in any way. You can also use the clips on the Internet (on websites) or as part of a live performance. Once you buy a license to a clip, you can use it for as long and as many times as you want.
Just as with still images, restrictions forbid to use the content in any morally questionable or defamatory way. Make sure you read Shutterstock's licensing terms carefully and that you understand which uses are allowed, and which are forbidden.
Buying Shutterstock Footage
If you liked what you read and you're ready to buy clips, all you have to do is to sign up for Shutterstock (and don't worry, it's free). Once you do this, you can explore Shutterstock Footage offer, create lightboxes with the clips you are interested in (all for free), and of course buy them when you're ready.
But wait. If you would also want to maximize your budget, you can seize our special deal and save 20% in your stock video purchases with our Shutterstock Coupon Code!
What Makes Shutterstock Cool
Shutterstock was amongst the first companies in noticing the rising popularity of video content in marketing, advertising and other graphic or visual design purposes. Three years after their launch, in 2006, they introduced Royalty Free stock footage to their offer, centred in the same premise of high quality and affordable pricing that is at the company's core.
In the 10 years since its introduction, Shutterstock Stock Footage offer has grown to over 4 million of video clips in varied image resolutions and formats, covering a wide range of themes, topics and styles. In addition to their contributor-supplied content, they also have great clips from high-profile video producer brands like Red Bull Media House and Associated Press.
Innovation and Wide Tech Services for Shutterstock Footage Buyers
This company defines itself by its focus in customer experience. They aim at providing an elegant, flexible and user-friendly service. For this reason they invest a lot in user functionality, with many great improvements in over a decade their website has been live.
Today, Shutterstock's interface works in multiple languages, and they've added mobile apps for both buyers and contributors.
One of their latest additions to their site is a new search engine based in computer vision, that boosts up search and discovery of images and videos in their library. Shutterstock's search function is now using artificial intelligence to analyse images and videos in terms of visual composition and content, instead of just keywords as it used to be.
This technology allows them to find and display the best and more fitting matches for any search as well as to suggest better-matching similar content. But they also added a reverse image search feature, in which you can drag and drop an image in their search bar and the system finds matching results in their collection. This tool was extended to their mobile apps, and the company says it will be available for video soon.
They also have Shutterstock Labs, a portal with different apps to boost up your work with digital imagery, that includes Sequence, a web based, simple video editing tool where you can search, select and edit clips from Shutterstock Footage collection. See it in action in this video below:
Plus, they also have a stock music and sounds collection to complement stock footage and video productions.
Buying at Shutterstock, Pros and Cons
- They are a serious, well established and succesful stock footage vendor.
- They have a huge collection of high quality, Royalty Free stock footage clips, available at different resolutions and formats, at affordable prices.
- Royalty Free license grants you multiple usage rights for a one-time fee.
- Buying on demand lets you control how much you spend, and the long, 1-year validity of downloads gives you great time flexibility to administrate your budget.
- Video packs let you save hundreds of dollars in your purchases, and gives you greater control over your budget.
- Their intelligent search engine makes finding the best clips for your projects quicker and easier.
- They offer a simple web app to do basic edits.
- Although the video packs are a very simple and straight-forward way to buy, there are companies that improve the on demand stock videos offer. iStock, for example, prices their Essential (non-exclusive clips) at $60, and this includes HD and 4K clips. Plus, iStock's on demand purchases are done with credit packs that let you buy all kind of media. At Shutterstock, on demand packs are divided by media type.
- They don't offer subscriptions. Per-clip and video pack buying options are great for small or new buyers, and with the largest 25 videos pack you could likely satisfy your needs, but some companies like Videoblocks are offering unlimited footage downloads for a flat, monthly fee, which can be very convenient if you want to download lots of clips.
Shutterstock Footage Review: Yes or No?
Their user-friendly and customer-oriented technologies add value to an already good service. They have cheap prices and a simple buying process that saves you hundreds of dollars, millions of assets covering any imaginable topic, and edgy technologic tools to make it better, faster and easier for you to find and use the clips you want.
What's more to ask? If you want to buy stock footage clips to complement your audiovisual production projects, Shutterstock Footage is the place to go.
And remember you can save 20% in your purchases with our special Shutterstock Coupon Code.